Friday, February 26, 2010

The Final Lap

It's quite unbelievable that this is actually the final lap of my undergraduate career at UVa. I'm no longer anxious about what the future holds. What will come will come...All I have to do is throw my heart over the fence and the rest will follow.

I realize that I haven't written in a long time. Come to think of it, I haven't penned my thoughts since Guatemala. This semester has taken me by surprise. I thought this last semester would be one filled with leisure and bidding goodbye to my beloved Charlottesville. Surprisingly it has been quite the opposite. I have lofty goals for the outcome of my academics. I want to make sure I wrap things up on the best possible note. Not only has work taken the best of me, but it has totally engrossed me.

Considering that the courses I'm taking this semester are mainly those to satisfy my Middle Eastern studies major, I have been confronted with a plethora of ideas that have my entire existence in question. My identity, beliefs, thoughts, ideologies, pragmatism, etc... have all been put on the line. But I believe when you are pushed to the limit, to question what you hold truest to, only then can you firmly solidify your convictions. The more I learn and know, the more firmly rooted I find myself in what is true, universal, and timeless.

In any case, I don't wish to ramble on and on. I've just taken a break because I just finished my graduate school applications. Its been a long journey applying to different masters programs, but I've reached the point where I can no longer determine my fate. All I had to do was click the "submit" button on my application pages and the rest I leave to God.

Anyways, I've got plenty to work on today... but I'm glad I've had the chance to warm up my fingers for future entries that await to be written.

1 comment:

Omar said...

it's true .. you have a fair bit of potential ahead of you :). keep me posted with things; I'm curious to see how things end up with you!