Thursday, January 27, 2011

Solidarity with defenders of justice and freedom


I had long renounced my days of radical revolutionism with the delusion that justice was unattainable through resistance, defiance, and struggle in these days, and, if anything, Egyptians were apathetic to their injustice. Well, if anything, my compatriots proved me wrong, and I'm proud of them for doing so.

The events that shook Egypt and captured major international headlines this week have never made me long to be in my motherland so badly. I had avoided writing about politics in Egypt due to the sensitivity of the issue, but the Egyptian uprising in light of the nation's evident need for justice and freedom has shown the world that dictatorships are a thing of the past and that its only a matter of time until people prove victorious in attaining their right to self-determination.

Although I would do anything to be on the streets of Cairo advocating for social justice, I know that there's a reason why I'm here in the UK laboring night and day to help write Egypt's brighter page in history.

My prayer and solidarity with my countrymen...

No comments: