Friday, May 15, 2009

Back To Writing

Dear Reader, whoever you are, wherever you are...

Once again, I extend my sincerest regrets for leaving you yearning for words to salvage your interest from boredom. For I myself have been quite bored lately. I recently read in one of those cliched forwards that "An idle mind is the workshop of the devil." I am convinced; boredom really does put you on a perpetual trail, or rather a vicious cycle, to nowhere.

It is for this reason that I have decided to pick up the pen once more. To write, I believe, is a two way street. It is an elating sensation to create for the writer. Likewise, it is a feeds the intellectual consumerism of the reader.

Even if no one reads my works, I shall continue to write. For the mere practice of writing is to establish your existence in this world. To write is to live, I believe. For even if these pages are never looked at, I feel comfort knowing that I have left my mark in this world. At the very least, I can deceive myself to think that I shall never be forgotten.

What has held me back from writing. Is it "Writer's Block"? No, I don't believe in such a myth! Could it be the introvert in me taking over again? Maybe, I have been writing in my moleskin a lot more often. But then again, I have resolved that publishing one's works are a way to keep touch with the world. Also, there a lot of pleasant memories that I wish to share with the world. What then has been the true source that has kept me from writing? Distractions. I believe that if one is truly passionate about something, such as writing, they will make time for it no matter what. It will be a priority. Lately, my vision has been clouded with worry. Anxiety about what is to come in the future. I have resolved that to write and reflect is to release such tension. Contemplate, introspect, and ponder. Writing is your outlet. I'm convinced.

Why now, why all of the sudden. Frankly, I have opened another of my Pamuk delights. This time its The Black Book. Reading it has stimulated ideas and emotions that I wish to pen while they hover in my mind.

Well, I'm glad to be back. Hopefully my inspiration will not wane as I owe it to my blog and reader to find what it is their curiosity might be seeking...

No comments: