Saturday, May 23, 2009

Reading & Dreams

I just finished my pre-bedtime reading session and it occurred to me that there's this string that interweaves the last thing your absorb on the page and your dreams. As my half-open, sleepy eyes photograph those last images slipping before my eyes, I begin to enter into the movie theaters of my dreams. Tonight's viewing on the silver screen is Mahfouz's Thebes at War. The last couple of words that the mind animates on the film rolls of tonights theater launch us in to much more vivid, realistic experience of the novel.

It is from this point that one's dreams become a mere sequel of what he's read in the tonight's session. Its almost as if I continue writing, through the imagery of my dreams, where the writer left off...The scene , the actors, the time and the place are a extension of the novel's milieu and characters, personalized to the dreamer's perception. The dream itself is another tale left to the mind's subconscious world.

No comments: