Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to being a vagabond

Its 4:15am and I'm cramming for tomorrow. I have so much work, but I wanted to take a minute to report of an absolutely smashing weekend. I went up to DC for the weekend to escape from a depressing Charlottesville. First, I went with a friend to Aladin, an Egyptian Shisha Cafe in Alexandria, VA . I then commuted to DC via Metro. I met Baroudy, Abs, Shafey, and a couple of other high school friends in Prince's Cafe in Georgetown. Later that night, I crashed at Shafey's in Arlington, VA. The next day, I dropped off some documents at the Egyptian Embassy. I later met Baroudy and we cruised around DC for a bit before heading to his place to prepare for what defined out DC trip: Paul Van Dyke's concert at Ibiza club. It was in a sketchy neighborhood, but it was definitely worth it. We were carded and my fake wouldn't trick the bouncer, so we went all the way back for my passport. Later that night, we listened to some of the best electro I've ever encountered. Moreover, the venue was packed and the spirits were high. Van Dyk put on a sick show and people wouldn't stop raving. The night ended pretty wildly though with us having to search for one kid who drank a bit too much and couldn't find his way to the club. I crashed in Alexandria, VA for the night. The next day, I took the metro back to Vienna, VA to catch my metro. The bus back to UVA took us to JMU first, so we got back pretty late, but I got to catch up on reading and sleep on the bus.

Although I'm crunching all my work at the last minute, it was all worth it!

1 comment:

C* said...

you should write more.
your readers waiting=)