Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Impressions of a deprived writer...

Typing away at midnight, I gasp for air. Writing is what gives me the energy to go on... I have gone many days without writing and I feel incomplete. I have had no person, notebook, or God to share my emotions with lately. I resort to you. Why you? Well, the abysmal darkness of the night gives me the opportunity to write under the veil that hides me from society. Writing for me seems like such a deviation that actually doing it nowadays guilttrips me as a waste of time. Even though I have so much bottled up in my mind ready to be spilled on paper, I must restrain myself, for I know if I let it all go right now, my pen won't stop until the sunrise.

It is something about this nocturnal lifestyle, that when everyone is tucked tightly in bed that I am most alert. I hear the water trickling in the pipes, the leaves rustling outside my window, freshmen giggling next door. Everything is a distraction that inspires me to write. Instead, I am forced to blast Mozart to maintain my train of concentratrion and get back to work, no matter how desperate I am to write!

Another week from hell, but I take it with pinch of sugar this time, knowing that it will end and that I will be able to sit at the end of the week to free all my thoughts to you. I don't want the fire of this passion to die down, so even though I cannot bear the piling work, I pause for a breath of air to write and to promise you dear reader that I will return, and I promise myself that I will never let my passion for writing wane. Back to another college all-nighter of work, but optimism for the end, which seems so near yet so far, is what drives me to persevere.

I look forward to our weekend rendezvous...

No comments: