Monday, March 23, 2009

Siesta In The Grass

Today, upon returning home, I felt so bogged down with stress. Despite munching down another one of my splendid salad creations, I still felt quite drained. From what I could not tell. As I was about to open my economics book to continue reading, I couldn't help but glance out of the darkness of my room to see the lush green grass calling... Immediately, as if hypnotized, I grabbed my mug filled with green tea, ran down the staircase, and followed the trail to the garden that had paints the beautiful scenery I see every time I look out the window. I literally felt entranced by the energy that the garden emitted. As the sun was setting, the birds were chirping, and the damp coolness in the air descending, I could help but stroll in the garden for a couple of minutes before finding a small valley in midst of the garden. After whirling around this new sanctuary like a dervish, I couldn't help but gradually descend to rest my head on the grass. As I descended, I felt that I was slowly submerging into the peace and calm of nature while leaving the worries of life and reality behind. As I inhaled the deep cool breeze, I could feel myself slowly rejuvenated. As my eyes surveyed the opening around me, a plethora of thoughts raced through my mind. Although my chain of thoughts was moving from one idea to the other, I felt at complete ease, as if in a cradle in heaven. At one point, I would imagine my dog Prince run towards me waiting to be pet and how no dog I had pet since his departure had every elated me as much as he did. I then stared on the branches of a nearby Red Oak tree to see a squirrel hop from branch to branch, devouring the nuts on each branch on his way to the pinnacle of the tree. It amazed me how his body could defy gravity as he lunged on the most fragile stems of the branches. As my eyes moved fixed on the silhouettes of the stems of the leafless trees in the distance, I was awed and humbled by the grace of God's manifestations in his creatures. As the breeze swayed the trees from side to side, I imagined the wind feeding the stems of these trees as it fills the bronchioles of my lungs. As my eyes shifted to the sky above, I witnessed a sparrow gliding on the wind currents above. With minimal effort, it skimmed the sky, flapping once or twice every couple of seconds to gain moment. I was amazed by how its slow motion resembled a gold fish in an aquarium. Following this flying fish was a bigger one, a big blue whale if you may...Actually, as I snapped back to reality, it was a airplane swooshing through the clouds... I wondered to myself, where could it be flying from, where could it be flying to...Oh how I wished it could fly me to some exotic, distant land...could this place I may be dreaming of be "home"? As one thought yielded to the next, my imagination began to yield to my dreams...Before I knew it, I was dozing off to my afternoon siesta as the sun was setting in the between the trees that now engulfed me. The darkness that gathered above and below the setting sun sandwiched the rays it emitted to create a masterpiece of artwork that only the hand of Nature could paint... As the sun set, so did my lids descend with it... I was in such a serene state of mind that I felt I had discovered my eternal resting place....
...Upon sniffing the fumes of smoke carried by the breeze my way, I snapped out of this tranqual state. It was some of the French kids puffing away on some cigs that put an end to this sereneity. It was about time to return to reality anyways. As I got up and picked up my mug of green tea, which suprising was still hot, I couldn't was astonished to see that I had experienced all of this in a span of a couple of minutes. I think that this was what my inner soul had been craving for so long and what I realized that it really wasn't my beautiful environment that had caused me such elation, but rather the manifestation of my inner thoughts...

No comments: