Sunday, November 9, 2008

Leftist Egyptian Revolutionary Art

I've been blog-hunting all night and I ran into some real talent. The Leftist Egyptian 's gallery on flickr is some of the most creative graphic design related to modern revolutionarism I've seen yet. He goes by the theme of promoting art against the system or establishment. He uses stencil and graffiti artwork to get the message across and his work reminds me a lot of that of Banksy, except his graphics have an oriental twist as he makes use of classical Arabic calligraphy and naturalistic design. The revolutionary gallery on display is pretty hard core communist, anti-capitalist, and very critical of the authorities in Egypt. I'm not surprised to see this kid to be behind the General Strikes of may 4th of 2008, but you've still got to give this kid props. Check more of his blog at gaberism.net.

No comments: