Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Words Of Wisdom From A True Revolutionary


I was truly honored to have a true revolutionary discover the merit in my blog. This inspiration came from someone to whom I look up to and esteem tremendously since my youth. Although I have not reunited with this comrade in ages, the impact he's had on me since my youth and continues to have on me today is unfathomable. This is is none other than my cousin Timothy! I was humbled his comment which I display below:

"You've an excellent writing style, and you seem to clearly express your views as being a young man of ideas, and not a man of ideologies, a man of ideas has passion for learning, and creating new and innovative ideas but is willing to change their opinions and ideas when new information and facts are encountered, men of ideologies follow ideas frozen in time, they become inflexible, rigid, and eventually crumble with the winds of change and time, men of ideas however, are constantly adapting and progressing, men of ideas learn to survive if not in body but always in spirit…"

From these words of wisdom, I shall pay heed to the fact that it is essential for me to keep an open mind and not get bogged down and tangled in ideologies just yet until I've experimented with different ideas. I must be open to change so that when an idea that comes my way is better than the one that I already possess, I must let go of the former and embrace that which is new and convincing. This reminds of a specific quote that I learned from Timothy and it goes by the words, ""Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." This quote originates from Buddha, but it is a clear reminder that one must use his God-given intelligence in order to distinguish what principles and views he is to adopt wholeheartedly and those to reject vehemently due to their ignorance.

More than ever do I feel like I am a student of life, learning the A, B, Cs every day that goes by because of I feel like the more knowledge I acquire, the more I realize I don't know. I am forever grateful for the the words of wisdom that Timothy has endowed me with. Thank you.

2 comments:

C* said...

there is nothing more cheerful having appreciation of a person, who is very special for you... =)
i agree with your cousin we are still too young to decide, we should continue to learn, even me!

Mostafa said...

I totally agree. I believe that we can easily get caught up in our attitude towards life if we are not open to change.

I remember that it was you who told me that we should always be willing to modify our opinions, values, and beliefs if we are exposed to ones that are better than ours.

So its not just my cousin that I learn from ;)