Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Solace

Another sleepless night.
Despite a weary body, the mind remains racy.
Antsy, it is struck with raging frenzy.
Why?

Poe's poetry from the bookshelf remedies the unease.
Seeking inspiration, I flip to Spirits of the Dead.
Ironically, the despondency comforts me.
I'm not a loner in my emotions.

The chilly breeze refreshes my senses, sharpens them,
As I commence reflection upon the befallen misfortune
That only my brother can relate to.
I shall not divulge into matters whose sole guardian is the heart.

But let this be a stark reminder that in times of solitude,
Your soul shall not be alone if you can fill the void with another.
Silence is gold. Embrace it in solitude.
Revive his spirit. Embrace his presence.

The fire of my restless subsides
As melancholy yields to the bliss of memories.
Hitherto, melancholy has intensely clung itself to me.
As I console thee, solace trickles into my heart.

Images of Prince in fields of gold.
Divine winds ventilate the heavens.
Radiant as ever is your soul.
Grandeur, loyalty, and valor define your posture.

I am a mere emissary of light.
My sole vocation is to provide you with consolation.
Yet, the key to true serenity is in thou heart.
Cease looking for him. He is in your heart all along.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Within words I seek my sole solace

Without which I wane in soullessness"